Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Weekly Weigh-In

Well I lost another pound. Crazy. I'm at 113 and officially my goal weight. Tonight's the first time since this process started that I haven't taken a picture and I'm kinda okay with that. I'm at my goal weight and I'm kinda tired of the picture taking. I'm sure y'all are tired of seeing me in a grey tshirt and jeans! I've officially lost 82 lbs!

Starting tomorrow, I'm adding more regular food to my diet. I started doing 5 shakes and 2 entrees a day on the decision free program. Then when I started the healthy solutions program, I started doing 3 shakes, 2 entrees, and 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day. Now that they're introducing normal foods, they'll do it gradually. So starting tomorrow, I'll be doing 3 shakes, 1 entree, 5 servings of fruits and veggies, and 1 serving of lean protein. So now I can eat things like eggs, chicken, yogurt, etc. I'm real excited yet real nervous about eating normal food too. I'm just glad that I'll be doing the Phase II program at the clinic. Phase II is the maintenance phase of the program. They teach you how to eat normal food and maintain your weight. Which is the hard part for me. I know how to gain and I know how to lose. I've never maintained my weight before...ever. I'm excited to learn though. I've worked so hard to get where I am, I don't want to go back.

So most of you know that for every 10 lbs I've lost, I treated myself to a reward that wasn't food related. I was also aiming for the end of the road reward. And this whole last year I've been trying to figure out what I wanted that to be. During this journey I've been clinging to this verse from Hebrews 6:19 "We have the hope that's an anchor for the soul; steadfast and secure." So I figured, why not get an anchor tattoo.


So Saturday morning I went up to the tattoo shop where I got my first two done and got this done. I love it. My parents on the other hand, not so much. Nothing looks better on Irish skin than an anchor tattoo, right? ;) 

So there we have it folks. 82lbs lighter and little more inked. Not much more I can ask for!

All in.

No comments:

Post a Comment